Home to some of the most affluent families in their sprawling seafront bungalows and exquisite condominiums, Sentosa Cove is hardly the most accessible -- in every sense of the word -- to most Singaporeans and tourists. Following the opening of new trendy hotel W Singapore, and now, Sentosa's Cove very first and only F&B and retail destination Quayside Isle (QI) -- which will be offering more than 20 gourmet concepts of new-to-market restaurants, established groups and specialty retail stores once it's fully-opened mid December -- however, the shroud of secrecy on Singapore's most exclusive residence might finally be lifted. "QI is slated to be the new crown jewel of Sentosa and is a key development that will enliven and complete this prestigious enclave,” enthuses a spokesperson from developer CDL (City Development Ltd).
Could this be the hippest dining destination of 2013? The glorious panoramic views have us sold already, but we check out the five new restaurant concepts that we're looking forward to the most amidst the promised international mix of Mediterranean, Italian, Spanish, Belgian, Japanese, Australian, and American cuisines anyway.
1. Ezoca - Japanese restaurant Ezoca makes its debut in Singapore with an intimate space of just forty, promising an interactive and authentic dining experience featuring the freshest ingredients from Japan and a collection of rare sakes;#01-12
2. Grillado - Take it down a notch at casual Australian-style outlet Grillado, and chow down its signature flat roasted Portuguese-style grilled chicken, burgers, and fresh yoghurt with fruits and muesli; #01-10
3. Rollers Diner - The halal sandwich bar will bring something exotic to the table with its Doner Kebabs made from premium meat and Germany-imported spices and freshly-baked Turkish pita bread; #01-07
4. Paradiso Restaurant & Bar - A Mediterranean and Spanish menu will form the highlight at Paradiso Restaurant & Bar; expect tapas, traditional paella and an expansive drinks menu; #01-03
5. Sabio by the Sea - Popular Spanish tapas bar Sabio will be replicating its authentic tapas experience from its Club Street home at its new seafront location, alongside a brand-new grill menu; #01-02
Additionally, Quayside Isle will also be home to casual sports bar and bistro Cove Stadium, Italian establishments Gelateria-Bar-Lounge Note di Sicilia and Solepomodoro Trattoria-Pizzeria, Emmanuel Stroobant's popular Belgian bar and bistro Brussels Sprouts, and all-day dining cafe Kith. Specialty stores Jasons the Gourmet Grocer, Little Provence, and The Straits Wine Company will showcase a trove of niche epicurean brands, while Picotin Express will deliver their European bistro fare right to the door steps of the Sentosa Cover community.
Quayside Isle, Sentosa Cove, 31 Ocean Way, Singapore 098375
And what’s a luxury destination without some shopping? Make like an epicurean and shop at Jason’s the Gourmet Grocer, nourish your inner Francophile at Little Provence, then finish off your shopping trip atThe Straits Wine Company.
How to get there
Ok, we’re all not Cove residents, but us commoners can get in on some luxe action! Just hop onto bus number 3, a free shuttle service available for the public within Sentosa. The bus is available from 8am to 1030pm daily with 30 minutes interval, from the Beach Station Bus Interchange. Alight at Sentosa Cove Arrival Plaza, which is a stone’s throw from Quayside Isle.