Scalp irritation is commonly known as the dandruff. In general, dandruff can be defined as the state of skin in which the silvery and shiny scales get torn from the scalp and accumulated in the hair. According to the experts and dermatologists the main cause ofdandruff is yeast like fungus which is called as malassezia. This type of fungus is mostly found on the scalp but it doesn’t cause any type of problems.
If in case the growth of this fungus is not checked then this can lead to the generation of the dead skin cells. Some of the most common reasons of its growth are the mild inflammation, increased oil production, illness, less usage of the shampoos, immune suppression, stress and the hormonal imbalance. In fact the situation can become more worrisome and disconcerting if the skin starts getting infected.
Some of the common symptoms of dandruff: the most common symptoms of occurrence of dandruff are the scaling scalp, itchy feeling, oily looking and white flakes of the dead skins in the hair as well as on shoulders. It had been noticed that the scalp can either be excessively oily or it can be excessively dry. Most of the health experts and dermatologists believe that the most important causes of the dandruff are the low resistance of the body because of constipation and the infections, generation of toxic materials in the body because of intake of the wrong types of food and the impairment of the general health.
Some of the herbal and natural remedial treatment for dandruff:
- Almond oil and olive oil: in order to get the effective results, mix these two oils in equal ration and massage into your scalp. Leave the mixture intact for the 5 minutes and then rinse your hair with the normal water.
- Ginger: the root of the ginger can be mixed with the olive oil. Before shampooing your hair, you can apply this mixture on the scalp. In case if the condition is worst then you have to apply the mixture for the duration of 10 to 15 minutes before shampooing your hair.
- Rosemary Rub: you can also use rosemary oil for the treatment of the dandruff. If you want to have a better mixture then mixes the olive oil with the crushed rosemary. Then leave this mixture for about 15 minutes into the scalp.
- Tea Tree Oil: it is a natural occurring ingredient which is very useful in the cure of the dandruff.
- Fenugreek Seeds: these fenugreek seeds are considered to be the most important element in the treatment of dandruff. You can take the 2 tablespoons of these seeds and soak them in the water overnight. Then in the morning you can grind these seeds to form a paste and then this paste can be applied all over the scalp. Leave the mixture for around half an hour.
- Lime: while washing the hair, a teaspoon of fresh lime juice can also be used for the last rinse.